This warranty sets out the conditions and limitations of Beta Marine’s warranty for the purchaser
Beta Marine Limited (Beta) give this warranty to you the customer that the product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period set out in the following table.
These warranty terms only apply to Kubota based propulsion engines. This warranty replaces clause 17 in our general terms of tender and sale.
(1) Beta’s warranty falls into two categories, as follows:
- Retail customer who uses the engine for pleasure applications/private use.
- Commercial customers. This covers fishing boats, work boats, charter boats and hire boats.
(2) The warranty period for these two categories is as follows:
- Pleasure applications/private use – 5 years from date of the invoice from Beta Marine Ltd, or 1000 operating hours, whichever comes first (except Saildrive). Saildrive warranty is limited to Pleasure use only; and a maximum of two years from commissioning or 200 operating hours whichever comes first.
- Commercial applications – 1 year from date of the invoice from Beta Marine Ltd or 1000 operating hours whichever comes first.
(3) Warranty is invalid if genuine Beta Marine or Kubota approved parts are not used. These parts can be obtained from your local Beta dealer.
(4) Beta Marine Ltd reserve the right to either repair or replace the parts concerned. Replaced parts become the property of Beta Marine. Any warranty work must be authorised by Beta Marine Ltd UK working through your local dealer or boat builder.
(5) Wherever possible warranty work must be carried out by a Beta Service Dealer. If one is not available then contact must be made direct to Beta Marine Limited in the UK who will authorise work to be carried out by a local engineer.
(6) Travel to do warranty work is limited to 2½ hours and 200 miles round trip. The removal and reinstallation of an engine is limited to 4 hours.
(7) The customer must pay the labour and parts cost direct to the engineer who carries out the work, for those parts not covered under warranty as defined in item (3).
(8) Third party claims are not acceptable as defined in our terms and conditions of sale (see acknowledgement form).
(9) Cranage and slipping fees are not included under the warranty cover.
(10) This warranty is valid for the first retail purchaser only. It may be passed on to the second customer at the discretion of Beta Marine Ltd. only.
(11) Owners / Users Responsibility
- Owners must satisfy themselves that the engine is installed and commissioned correctly so that the engine cannot be damaged or made to run incorrectly or cause to fail leading to a life threatening situation. The warranty card and Installation and Commissioning check list must be completed and returned to your dealer or Beta Marine for warranty to apply.
- Owners must maintain the engine in a proper manner as described in the operator’s manual. Faulty parts must be immediately replaced or repaired so that continual use of the engine cannot cause these parts to suffer premature failure causing possible injury or death in certain circumstances.
- Owners can choose to use a local dealer to commission the engine and carry out service work or do this themselves. All costs must be paid by the owner.
- Engines being stored for more than 6 months must be either run regularly or have special protection oils specified at the time of purchase. Failures relating to incorrect storage or maintenance are not covered by this warranty.
- The Warranty card must be returned to your dealer or direct to Beta Marine to register you as the first owner.
5 Year Warranty
The major static engine components comprising the crankcase, cylinder head, heat exchanger body, inlet and exhaust manifolds, gear housing, flywheel housing, thermostat housing, engine feet are covered for labour and materials for 2 years and materials only for 5 years. All rotating parts and other components are covered for labour and materials for 2 years as indicated in the following matrix:
|Year 1 - Parts||Year 1 - Labour||Year 2 - Parts||Year 2 - Labour|
and Supply System
|Gearbox / Saildrive|
|Engine Control Panel*|
and Stop Solenoid
= Covered = Not Covered
*All engine control panels must be seated on a continuous bead of mastic between the rear face and the mounting surface.
Warranty does not cover consumable parts which would be replaced during the normal routine servicing of the engine, see operator’s handbook:
- Air filter element
- Oil filter
- Fuel filter
- Seawater pump impeller
- (Wasting) Anode
Warranty does not cover parts affected by the following:
- Installation faults
- Ordinary wear and tear
- Improper use
- Rust, corrosion and contamination
- Contamination of rubber mounts by oil or diesel fuel
- Contamination by sea water in the engine oil or water in the fuel supply
- Incorrect storage
- Changes to the electrical system including the installation of customised instrument panels and modifications to alternators to accommodate the use of battery charge regulators etc.
- High alternator temperature. This can occur where a high output alternator (over 120 amps) is connected to a battery management system. In these cases an extraction fan must be fitted to cool the alternator.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Beta Marine 5 Year Warranty – Warranty Information.