Beta Marine – Deutz Powered Generating Sets
Our standard specification includes marine heat exchanger cooled Deutz marine generator engines. We can also offer engines suitable for keel / hull cooling as an option – prices on request. We include Mecc Alte ‘marine rated’ generators, Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technologies) generators are offered as an option.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model||Generator Frame Size|
Included in the Generating Set Price
Fully classifiable specification suitable for survey including: duplex change over fuel filters and flexible fuel connections for inlet and return, fire retardant and ‘type’ approved; double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with leakage alarm. Engines have ‘type’ approval and are, where applicable, IMO tier II compliant however certification is extra price.
Beta Marine Generating Sets – Specifications
Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
- Deutz marine auxiliary diesel generator engine manufactured in Germany (EU country).
- Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with FW and SW pumps.
- Water cooled exhaust manifold. Water temperature alarm switches.
- Exhaust elbow and flexible bellows section.
- 24 volt electric start system, charging alternator and stop solenoid valve, marine type insulated return.
- Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including: 1013 models: Keystart module with analogue gauges for lube oil pressure, coolant temperature and engine speed with hour meter and alarm indication and combined protection circuits. 1015 models: Marine approved modular engine controller to monitor engine parameters with start and stop pushbuttons. A screen enables direct readings of oil pressure and jacket water temperature and provides engine status information. The module provides auto shutdown on fault and gives possibility for signal outputs to ship system.
- Speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
- Standard lube oil filters with manual lubricating oil sump drain pump. Lube oil cooler. Pressure and temperature alarm switches.
- Fuel filters with duplex changeover type fuel filters. Type approved flame retardant fuel hose connections. Double walled high pressure fuel injection lines with leakage alarm switch.
- Dry type induction air inlet filter.
- Marine type generator manufactured by Mecc Alte, brushless, single bearing (or two bearing on larger machines), IP 22 guard, terminal box and automatic voltage regulator. Rated for marine application in ambient temperatures up to 45°C / 50°C with class “F” temperature rises.
- Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a combined welded steel base plate.
- Marine type failsafe anti-vibration mountings are included to isolate the set from the ships seating.
- Combined full load works test.
- Classifiable specification suitable for class survey subject to application of appropriate options.
Optional Extras and Alternative Equipment
- Prepared for parallel operation.
- 2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive (where not included as standard).
- Generators by alternative makers such as Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technologies).
- Starter batteries.
- Alternative means of start.
- Extra alarm and protection switches necessary for ‘unmanned’ specifications such as UMS.
- Extended / alternative control panels.
- Genset controller in place of standard combined engine mounted panel. Genset controllers can be mounted or supplied loose for switchboard installation.
- Mains output panels and or marine switchboards built to class if required.
- Prepared for keel cooling.
- Dry acoustic or spark arrestor exhaust silencers.
- Fuel/water separators.
- Anti condensation heaters for generator and/or block heater for engine.
- Torsional vibration analysis suitable for presentation to class society (classifiable specification only).
- Classification society surveys (classifiable specification only).
All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our ‘General Terms of Tender and Sale‘.
Options and Accessories
- 24 Volt Lead-acid battery (2 blocks) with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate. Batteries for export are supplied “dry charged” for filling by customer on site.
- Jacket water heater (1 phase AC).
- Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC).
- 2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive for ‘1013’ models (included on larger models).
- Torsional calculations for submission to class, excluding the fees charged by class which, if applicable, will be passed on at cost.
- Duplex change-over type lube oil filters. This is essential for certain applications when called for by classification society rules. This filter replaces the standard engine filter.
- Air Motor Start: In lieu of standard electric start including, start valve and flexible air inlet hose (approved type). The starter accepts air at 10 Bar maximum. Price includes an air pressure reducing valve from ships line pressure.
- Alarm switches. Additional engine sensors to meet UMS, EO, AUT-MS requirements including ‘type’ approved protection switches for lube oil pressure and coolant temperature, lube oil temperature switch, coolant level switch.
- Parallel operation: addition of electronic governor (where not already fitted) and governor controller programmed to accept speed raise and lower signals plus droop circuit CT in alternator. Manual voltage trimpot for generator, supplied loose.
- Automatic control panel for remote control either by customers mains failure control or remote volt free contact(s), in lieu of standard panel. Modular controller arrangement as already included on 1015 models.
- Automatic control panel with genset controller: for remote control and parallel operation with inputs for speed adjustment and for AC voltage and amps. Sensing for volts and amps via fuses and CT’s installed in generator terminal box. Price includes programming, set up and testing. Based on marine approved ComAp InteliGen management system. AC output switching / switchboard not included. Other makes and options can be offered on application.
- Exhaust emission certification. EIAPP certification together with technical file is available for engines of 130kW output and above (BF6M1013MC and above).
- AC output panels and circuit breakers, are not normally supplied on marine sets as these items usually form part of the separate ships switchboard, however we offer:
- 3 Phase “Over-mounting” type panel fitted on generator terminal box and pre-wired to generator terminals with AC ammeter(s), Voltmeter with selector switch, Frequency meter and meter fuses. Not suitable for parallel operation. Not classifiable.
- 3 Phase Circuit breaker (MCCB) in enclosure mounted on the set and pre-wired to the generator terminals. The circuit breakers are class ‘type’ approved.
- Exhaust silencers on flanged type – includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings):
- Dry type: 3 inch BSP tails, 4 inch flanged, 5 inch flanged.
- Spark arrestor type: 3 inch BSP tails, 4 BSP tails, 5 inch flanged.
- Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port.
- Class survey fees, for guidance allow 15%, (25% for Lloyds Register). Including necessary approved shafts and class tests with witness tests by classification surveyor. Please ask for a quotation as fees vary due to requirements, class society and rating. Any additional charges for approvals of drawings or calculations by class society will be passed on ‘at-cost’.