Beta Marine Limited has built its renowned reputation on 30 years of customer centred focus, listening to their individual maritime diesel power or propulsion needs, then delivering long-lasting, robust and reliable value solutions. We specialise in supporting our customers at all points of a products voyage; Pre-purchase technical advice, CAD supported technical solutions, managing classification specification if required, product installation support, then backing all up with a superb international after-sales service via our network of approved distributors/dealerships.
Baudouin Marine Powered Generating Sets
Baudouin marine diesel engine powered generating sets are offered in varying HP and kVA that are heat exchanger cooled as standard, keel cooling is available as an alternative and radiator cooling is optional on selected sets. We offer a large menu of ancillary equipment and accessories that you may tailor to suit your individual bespoke needs. Once you have ordered your open framed or acoustically enclosed generating set it is individually built to order and too classification standard if it is required. The generators driven by the Baudouin engine are as standard manufactured by Leroy Sumer but other options are available such as Mecc Alte & Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technology).
- Powered by a Baudouin Marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
- Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps, including lubricating oil cooler.
- Water cooled exhaust manifold with dry exhaust stub and flexible bellows section or water injection exhaust bend for wet exhaust application subject to customer preference.
- 24 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return. Engine wiring to mounted panel.
- Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel supplied loose with 3m connection loom and including; Marine approved modular engine controller to monitor engine parameters with start and stop pushbuttons, a display screen enables direct reading of engine oil pressure and water temperature and provides additional engine & generator status information. The module provides auto shutdown on fault and allows the possibility for signal outputs to be relayed to the vessels on board network.
- Electronic speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
- Baudouin Marine standard fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters. Flexible fuel connections having ‘type’ approved materials. Lube oil sump drain pump.
- Duplex change-over fuel filters with fuel/water separator cartridges and flexible inlet hose.
- Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with collecting manifold alarm switch to meet SOLAS.
- Leroy Somer alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 23 protection, single or twin bearing construction depending on rating. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator. Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45ºC. Frame sizes may alter to meet required voltage/frequency.
- Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a combined welded steel base plate.
- Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
- Paint: Baudouin Blue.
- Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model||Generator Frame Size|
|409 **||424 ***||6M26.2 IMO Tier II Compliant||HCM534D2|
|834 ****||978||12M26.2 IMO Tier II Compliant||HCM634J2|
*For 60Hz the frame size is HCM434F2.
**At 380v the rating is 405kVA for class F temperature rise.
***At 380 – 416v 60Hz the rating is 410kVA for class F temperature rise.
****At 380v the rating is 810kVA and at 400v it is 830kVA for class F temperature rise.
- Keel Cooling – With dry exhaust.
- Radiator cooling – Mounted radiator and engine driven fan. Note: Output is slightly de-rated due to additional consequential load.
- Alternative standard generators are offered including but are not limited to Mecc Alte & Newage Stamford. Bespoke customer specification can be accommadated.
- Leroy Somer twin bearing generator with flexible coupling drive upgrade (where not included as standard).
Generating Sets Options:
- 24 volt lead-acid battery (wet type) with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate, all models. (Supplied “dry-charged” for export).
- Air motor start – In lieu of standard.
- Anti condensation heater for generator and/or engine block.
- Parallel operation: governor programmed to accept speed raise and lower signals plus droop circuit CT in alternator and voltage trimpot supplied loose, without genset controller. Governor set for droop paralleling.
- Alarm switches to meet UMS, EO, AUT-MS requirements for engine system.
- Automatic control panel: for remote control either by customers mains failure control or remote volt free contact.
- Automatic control panel with genset controller: for remote control and parallel operation with inputs for speed adjustment and for AC voltage and amps. Sensing for volts and amps via fuses and CT’s installed in generator terminal box. Price includes programming, set up and testing. Based on marine approved ComAp InteliGen management system. AC output switching / switchboard not included. Other makes and options can be offered on application.
- AC switching and switchboard: marine switchboard built to customer and classification requirements available against customer’s enquiry. Supplied loose for installation and cabling by customer. Class drawing approvals extra ‘at cost’.
- AC output panels and circuit breakers;
- 3 Phase or Single Phase “Over-mounting” type panel fitted on generator terminal box and pre-wired to generator terminals with AC ammeter(s), Voltmeter with selector switch, Frequency meter and meter fuses. Not suitable for parallel operation. Not classifiable.
- 3 Phase or Single Phase Circuit breaker (MCCB) in enclosure mounted on the set and pre-wired to the generator terminals.
- Fuel/water separators.
- Exhaust silencers on flanged type – includes joints and mating flanges excludes fixings:
- Dry type: 3, 4 or 6 inch BSP tails.
- Spark arrester type: 3, 4 or 6 inch BSP tails.
- IMO Teir II certification: 6M26.2 & 12M26.2.
- Exhaust emission certificate – EIAPP for engines of 130kW or above.
- Generating Sets can be manufactured to class including but not limited to; ABS Europe, Bureau Veritas, China Classication Society, Class NK, Det Norske Ceritas, European Maritime Safety Agency, Gernanischer Lloyd AG, ICAS Limited, International Maritime Organisation, Lloyds Register of Shipping, RINA S. p.A & Russian Maritime Register of Shipping.
- Torsional vibration analysis suitable for class society (classification specification only).
- Classification society surveys include any necessary additional drawings, approved shafts and class tests with witness tests by a classification surveyor. Fees vary subject to class society requirements.
- Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port.