Beta Marine – Perkins Marine E44/E70 Powered Generating Sets
Our standard specification includes marine heat exchanger (or arranged for keel/hull cooling) cooled Perkins-Marine engines. We can also offer radiator cooled engines as an option – prices on request. We include Mecc Alte ‘marine rated’ generators, Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technologies) generators are offered as an option.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model|
Included in the Generating Set Price
Fully classifiable specification suitable for survey including: duplex change over fuel filters and flexible fuel connections for inlet and return, fire retardant and ‘type’ approved; double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with leakage alarm; Alarm switches to meet most requirements.
Beta Marine Generating Sets – Specifications
Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
- Powered by a Perkins Marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
- Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps, including lubricating oil cooler.
- Water cooled exhaust manifolds with dry exhaust stub.
- 24 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return. Engine wiring to mounted panel.
- Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including: Com-Ap InteliDrive automatic engine controller providing start/stop controls, Monitoring of oil pressure, coolant temperature, engine speed, hours run meter, etc and shutdown on fault of low lubricating oil pressure, high coolant temperature, and overspeed; Necessary indicators for faults and provision for connection of customers remote monitoring etc.
- Electronic speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
- Perkins Marine fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters. Flexible fuel connections having ‘type’ approved materials. Lube oil sump drain pump.
- Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 22 protection, twin bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator. Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45ºC. Supplied complete with automatic voltage regulator and terminal box for connection of customers cables.
- Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a combined welded steel base plate.
- Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
- Paint: Perkins Blue and Black.
- Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046.
Optional Extras and Alternative Equipment
Alternative engine cooling options : keel cooling, or radiator cooling with mounted radiator and engine driven fan, (radiator cooled output is slightly de-rated due to power absorbed by fan. 12 Volt electric starting or air starting, and a second means of starting. Starter batteries. Dry exhaust silencer. Spark arrestor exhaust silencer. Fuel/water separators. Duplex changeover lube oil filters.
Anti condensation heaters, droop kit, 3 phase sensing etc.
Generating Set Options:
Parallel operation. Automatic mains failure equipment. Extended control panels. Genset controller. Mains output panels etc.
Generating Sets Manufactured to Class, such as:
Lloyds Register, Det Norske Veritas, Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping, Germanischer Lloyd, RINA, etc..
All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our ‘General Terms of Tender and Sale‘.
Options and Accessories
- Duplex change-over fuel filters with fuel/water separator cartridges and flexible inlet hose.
- Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with collecting manifold alarm switch, normally now required for all classified sets to meet SOLAS.
- 24 volt electric motor starting with charging alternator is included as standard. 12 volt starting is available and can be supplied as an option at the same price.
- 24 volt lead-acid battery (wet type) with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate, all models. (Supplied “dry-charged” for export).
- Second means of start: Additional electric starter motor.
- Jacket water heater (1 phase AC).
- Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC).
- 2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive.
- Torsional calculations for submission to class, excluding the fees charged by class which, if applicable, will be passed on at cost. Not normally required under 110kW.
- Alarm switches to meet UMS, EO, AUT-MS requirements for engine system.
- Duplex change-over type lube oil filters: Fitted (no sensors). Must be specified with original order as these are part of base engine build. May be a class requirement.
- Air motor start equipment in lieu of standard electric start.
- Automatic control panel: for remote control either by customers mains failure contact or customers remote volt free contact.
- Parallel operation: governor programmed to accept speed raise and lower signals plus droop circuit CT in alternator and voltage trimpot supplied loose, without genset controller. Governor set for droop paralleling.
- Automatic control panel with genset controller: for remote control and parallel operation with inputs for speed adjustment and for AC voltage and amps. Sensing for volts and amps via fuses and CT’s installed in generator terminal box. Price includes programming, set up and testing. Based on marine approved ComAp InteliGen management system. AC output switching / switchboard not included. Other makes and options can be offered on application.
- AC switching and switchboard: marine switchboard built to customer and classification requirements available against customer’s enquiry. Supplied loose for installation and cabling by customer. Class drawing approvals extra ‘at cost’.
- Emissions Certification.
- Exhaust elbow with thermal blanket. 90º.
- Exhaust bellows. Dry expansion bellows with flanges and thermal blanket.
- Exhaust silencers on flanged type – includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings):
- Dry type: 4.0 inch flanged or 6.0 inch flanged.
- Spark arrestor type: 4.0 inch flanged or 6.0 inch flanged.
- Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port.
- Class survey fees, for guidance allow 15%, (25% for Lloyds Register). Including necessary approved shafts and class tests with witness tests by classification surveyor. Please ask for a quotation as fees vary due to requirements, class society and rating. Any additional charges for approvals of drawings or calculations by class society will be passed on ‘at-cost’.