Beta Marine – Perkins Marine Powered Generating Sets
Our standard specification includes marine heat exchanger cooled Perkins Marine engines. We can also offer both keel / hull cooled engines and (in some cases) radiator cooled engines as an option – prices on request. We include Mecc Alte ‘marine rated’ generators, Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technologies) generators are offered as an option.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model|
|kVA Rating 1 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 1 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model|
Note: The 6TG2AM and 6TWGM models have been discontinued and are no longer available.
Beta Marine Generating Sets – Specifications
Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
- Powered by a Perkins Marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
- Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps, including lubricating oil cooler.
- Water cooled exhaust manifolds with dry exhaust stub and flexible bellows section. * The exhaust outlet on 415 and 422 models is wet (water injection) type for customers wet exhaust system. On these models a dry outlet with flexible bellows can be supplied as an option at the same price.
- 12 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return. Engine wiring to mounted panel.
- Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including:- start/stop keyswitch, oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, tachometer/hours run meter, shutdown on low lubricating oil pressure, high coolant temperature, and overspeed; indicator lamps for faults and power on, provision for connection of customers remote emergency stop. Key start module with hour meter supplied loose without panel on 3m loom for 415 and 422 models.
- Electronic speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
- Perkins Marine standard fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters. Flexible fuel connections having ‘type’ approved materials. Lube oil sump drain pump.
- Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 22 protection, single bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator. Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45ºC. Frame sizes may alter to meet required voltage / frequency.
- Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a combined welded steel base plate. 415 and 422 models are mounted on steel support feet not base plate.
- Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
- Paint: Perkins Blue and Black.
- Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046.
Optional Extras and Alternative Equipment
Alternative engine cooling options: keel cooling, or radiator cooling with mounted radiator and engine driven fan, (radiator cooled output is slightly de-rated due to power absorbed by fan and not available on 415 or 422 models). 24 Volt electric starting or air starting, and a second means of starting. Starter batteries. Dry exhaust silencer. Spark arrestor exhaust silencer. Water injection exhaust elbow for wet system (standard on 415 and 422 models). Fuel/water separators. Duplex changeover fuel filters with flexible inlet hose. Double skinned (sheathed) high pressure fuel injection pipes (these are not included in the standard specification and are not available on 415 or 422 models).
Anti condensation heaters, droop kit, 3 phase sensing etc., not 415 or 422 models.
Generating Set Options:
2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive and torsional vibration analysis. Extra alarm switches for UMS operation. Parallel operation. Automatic mains failure equipment. Extended control panels. When engine controller or genset controller is used individual gauges are not fitted as the controllers monitor the parameters and annunciate them on screen. Many of these options are not available on 415 or 422 models. Mains output panels etc.
Generating Sets Manufactured to Class, such as:
Lloyds Register, Det Norske Veritas, Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping, Germanischer Lloyd, RINA, etc.. Note: that 415 and 422 models are not classifiable.
All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our ‘General Terms of Tender and Sale‘.
Options and Accessories
- Duplex change-over fuel filters with fuel/water separator cartridges and flexible inlet hose.
- Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with collecting manifold alarm switch, normally now required for all classified sets to meet SOLAS. (Not available with 415 or 422 models).
- 12 volt / 24 volt lLead-acid battery (wet type) with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate, all models. (Supplied “dry-charged” for export).
- 24 volt electric starting in lieu of 12 volt, all models.
- Second means of start: additional electric starter motor (not 415 or 422 models).
- Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC).
- Two bearing generator with flexible coupling drive, (not 415 or 422 models).
- Alarm switches to meet UMS, EO, AUT-MS requirements for engine system. (Not available with 415 or 422 models).
- Automatic control panel: for remote control either by customers mains failure control or remote volt free contact. (Not on 415 & 422 where remote and local modules are available in lieu of the local start module at £525.00 extra, includes sensing module for speed input).
- Parallel operation: governor programmed to accept speed raise and lower signals plus droop circuit CT in alternator and voltage trimpot supplied loose, without genset controller. Governor set for droop paralleling. (Not available with 415 or 422 models).
- Automatic control panel with genset controller: for remote control and parallel operation with inputs for speed adjustment and for AC voltage and amps. Sensing for volts and amps via fuses and CT’s installed in generator terminal box. Price includes programming, set up and testing. Based on marine approved ComAp InteliGen management system. AC output switching / switchboard not included. Other makes and options can be offered on application.
- AC switching and switchboard: marine switchboard built to customer and classification requirements available against customer’s enquiry. Supplied loose for installation and cabling by customer. Class drawing approvals extra ‘at cost’.
- Exhaust silencers on flanged type – includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings):
- Dry type: 1.5 inch BSP tails or 2.5 inch BSP tails.
- Spark arrestor type: 2.5 inch BSP tails.
- AC output panels and circuit breakers, are not normally supplied on marine sets as these items usually form part of the separate ships switchboard, however we offer:
- 3 Phase or Single Phase “Over-mounting” type panel fitted on generator terminal box and pre-wired to generator terminals with AC ammeter(s), Voltmeter with selector switch, Frequency meter and meter fuses. Not suitable for parallel operation. Not classifiable.
- 3 Phase or Single Phase Circuit breaker (MCCB) in enclosure mounted on the set and pre-wired to the generator terminals.
- Export packing and delivery FOB UK Port.
- Class survey fees, for guidance allow 15%, (25% for Lloyds Register). Including necessary approved shafts and class tests with witness tests by classification surveyor. Please ask for a quotation as fees vary due to requirements, class society and rating. Any additional charges for approvals of drawings or calculations by class society will be passed on ‘at-cost’.