Beta Marine Limited has built its renowned reputation on 30 years of customer centred focus, listening to their individual maritime diesel power or propulsion needs, then delivering long-lasting, robust and reliable value solutions. We specialise in supporting our customers at all points of a products voyage; Pre-purchase technical advice, CAD supported technical solutions, managing classification specification if required, product installation support, then backing all up with a superb international after-sales service via our network of approved distributors/dealerships.
Perkins Powered Generating Sets
Perkins Industrial, Beta Marine marinised diesel engine powered generating sets are offered in varying HP and kVA that are heat exchanger cooled as standard, keel cooling is available as an alternative and radiator cooling is optional on selected sets. We offer a large menu of ancillary equipment and accessories that you may tailor to suit your individual bespoke needs. Once you have ordered your open framed or acoustically enclosed generating set it is individually built to order. The generators driven by the Perkins engine are as standard manufactured by Mecc Alte but other options are available such as Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technology) and Leroy Somer.
Note: These generating sets are manufactured to our full marine specification, however the engines are not ‘classifiable’. If you require full ‘classification’ please refer to our Perkins-Marine range.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model||EU Emission Compliance|
|kVA Rating 1 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm||kVA Rating 1 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm||Generating Set Model||EU Emission Compliance|
Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45°C. Frame sizes may alter to meet required voltage / frequency.
Beta Marine Generating Sets – Specifications
Beta Marine – Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
- Powered by a Beta-Perkins marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous prime power operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
- Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps, including integral lubricating oil cooler (where required) and sump drain pump.
- Dry guarded exhaust manifold with dry exhaust stub and flexible bellows section.
- 12 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return except on 400 series where engines are wired 2-wire with grounded negative.
- Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including:- start/stop keyswitch, oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, tachometer/hours run meter, shutdown on low lubricating oil pressure, high coolant temperature, and overspeed; indicator lamps for faults and power on, provision for connection of customers remote emergency stop. Push button start module with integral hour meter is supplied loose on 3m loom for 400 series models in lieu of local mounted panel.
- Mechanical speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set. 60Hz not suitable for EPA emissions requirements.
- Perkins standard fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters. Fuel/water separator. Flexible fuel connections
- Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 22 protection, single bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator, fully suitable for use in engine room environments of 45°C.
- Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a combined welded steel base plate. 400 series models are mounted on steel support feet not base plate.
- Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
- Paint: Beta Red.
- Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046.
Optional Extras and Alternative Equipment
Alternative engine cooling options : keel cooling, or radiator cooling with mounted radiator and engine driven fan, (radiator cooled output is slightly de-rated due to power absorbed by fan). 24 Volt electric starting (not on 400 series). Starter batteries. Dry exhaust silencer. Spark arrestor exhaust silencer. Duplex changeover fuel filters with inlet hose. (Double skinned (sheathed) high pressure fuel injection pipes are not available with these engines).
Anti condensation heaters, droop kit, 3 phase sensing etc., not on 400 series models.
Generating Set Options:
Two bearing generator with flexible coupling drive. Automatic mains failure equipment. Extended control panels. Many of these options are not available on 400 series models. Mains output panels and output circuit breakers pre-wired to the generator terminals, etc..
All goods are offered and supplied in accordance with our ‘General Terms of Tender and Sale‘.
Options and Accessories
- Duplex change-over fuel filters with fuel/water separator cartridges and inlet hose. Double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes are NOT available on these engines.
- 12volt or 24 volt Lead-acid battery with links and battery cables mounted in tray on base plate.
- 24 Volt electric starting in lieu of 12 Volt. Not available on 400 series.
- Second means of start is not offered with these engines.
- Jacket water heater (1 phase AC). Not on 400 series.
- Anti condensation heater in generator (1 phase AC).
- 2 bearing generator with flexible coupling drive.
- Parallel operation is not offered with these engines
- Automatic control panel for remote control either by customers mains failure control or remote volt free contact. Not on 400 series where remote and local modules are available in lieu of the local start module at £525.00 extra. Includes sensing module for speed input.
- Class survey is NOT available with these engines but witness test can be offered on the understanding that these engines are NOT classifiable. Allow 10% of set price for Witness test fee.
- Exhaust silencers on flanged type – includes joints and mating flanges (but not fixings):
- Dry type: 1.5 inch BSP tails or 2.5 inch BSP tails.
- Spark arrestor type: 2.5 inch BSP tails.
- AC output panels and circuit breakers, are not normally supplied on marine sets as these items usually form part of the separate ships switchboard, however we offer:
- 3 Phase or Single Phase “Over-mounting” type panel fitted on generator terminal box and pre-wired to generator terminals with AC ammeter(s), Voltmeter with selector switch, Frequency meter and meter fuses. Not suitable for parallel operation. Not classifiable.
- 3 Phase or Single Phase Circuit breaker (MCCB) in enclosure mounted on the set and pre-wired to the generator terminals.